To mark the fact that “Brexit Day” – 29th of March 2019 – is passing without the UK leaving the EU we invite you to join our ‘No Brexit’ Day rally in Cambridge.
The rally will take place outside the Senate House, Cambridge, CB2 1SZ, from 5.30 pm until 6.30 pm on Friday 29th March.
We will have several short speeches from 6 pm, and the rally will finish at about 6.30 pm.
Speakers will include (subject to events in Westminster):
– Heidi Allen, MP for South Cambridgeshire
– Daniel Zeichner, MP for Cambridge
– Dr Julie Smith, Baroness Smith of Newnham
– Lewis Herbert, Leader of Cambridge City Council
– Susan van de Ven, Cambridgeshire County Council
– Alex Mayer, East of England MEP
– Dr Victoria Bateman, Feminist Economist
– Paul Browne, Chair of Cambridge Stays
We hope to announce other speakers soon.
We now know that the UK will not leave the EU on Friday 29th March, and on Monday night MPs voted to back the Letwin Amendment to hold a series of indicative votes this Wednesday, in what is likely to be the start of a process to take control of the Brexit agenda from an increasingly out-of-touch Theresa May. Will MPs vote for a longer extension of article to prepare for a “softer” Brexit or a People’s Vote, or will they vote to revoke Article 50 and stop Brexit altogether? We don’t know, but we must keep campaigning!
Whatever happens this week, Friday 29th March will mark the beginning of a new chapter in our campaign to keep the UK in the EU, so please join us to say loud and clear “No to Brexit”!
If have any questions about this event email us at email@example.com